The Psychology of Women Section is hosting a three day residential retreat for feminist psychologists at Rydal Hall, a retreat in the Lake District. Delegates will be able to engage in a number of activities which include:
- A workshop led by Professor Rose Barbour, a consultant who specialises in enabling academic writing for PhD students and those new to writing for publication – see http://www.barbourworkshops.com. The workshop will last for the duration of the retreat and aims to provide hands on support and guidance with writing tailored to each workshop member. Places on the workshop are strictly limited and need to be specifically booked at the point of application.
- Informal workshops on self-care and developing careers in academia which are open to all delegates.
- Time and space to develop or complete a specific writing project and to use the retreat as you wish. You will not be required to participate in any of the scheduled sessions, unless you have booked a place on the workshop.
The workshop has been subsidised by the British Psychological Society and hence fees are at are offered at a heavily subsidised rate:
- Free for first 12 student members of POWS who register
- Subsidised rates of £108 for the first 12 POWS members
- Fees for other POWS members are £192
- Fees for non POWS members are £210
The fee includes all workshops, dinner on Monday 15th, all meals on the 16th and breakfast and lunch on the 17th, plus accommodation. Please note that most rooms are twin rooms.
There are a small number of travel bursaries available for students, please contact Lindsay O’Dell (email below) for more information.
To book, please go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pows-feminist-retreat-registration-19441331546
Places are limited, so please book early!
Any queries? Please email Lindsay O’Dell, POWS Chair Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org